Sunday, February 20, 2011

Light/Night Photos


Death By Light
This is the motion light picture. My camera can only go up to fifteen seconds for a shutter speed, so that is what I had to work with. This is the chimney for my outside fire pit. The embers were sparking out and I sat with my shutter speed open while they flew in the sky. 

1. 2/20/2011-8:07pm, Layton, UTah, 15 sec, f/3.1, Canon PowerShot SX210 IS


Heavenly Guitar
This would be my very obscure light painting. I used the glow sticks from the dollar store to illuminate the guitar so paint the guitar in the dark. I used a fifteen second shutter speed to try and get as much light from the glow sticks as I could to make the guitar a glowed, soft look.

2. 2/16/2011-7:29pm, Rexburg, Idaho 15 sec, f/3.1, Canon PowerShot SX210 IS


The Fog
I thought the light in my backyard was neat in a really creepy way, so I used this for my camera motion shot. I opened my shutter for fifteen seconds and I panned my camera across the sky, which is why the lights look like they are being dragged. I wanted it to have a scary, foggy feel. 

3. 2/20/2011-8:06pm, Layton, Utah, 15 sec, f/3.1, Canon PowerShot SX210 IS

1 comment:

  1. I really love your capture moving lights photo! The embers create a wild picture, it reminds me of my hair. Did you have to climb up on the roof of the fire pit? I would have been afraid of getting sparks on me, but maybe they were really small. I also love the luminous guitar, you managed to light up just enough for us to know it's a guitar but it's definitely abstract still. The fog photo is creepy, but not too creepy, since it's named fog I automatically thought it could be a picture of London.

    ReplyDelete